FCG Public Service Announcement: COVID-19
Facility Commissioning Group (FCG) expresses support for our personnel, communities, clients and colleagues as we adjust on a daily basis to the impacts of this unprecedented pandemic.
FCG has implemented the following Catastrophic Event Planning Directives in response to COVID-19 infection control efforts and to navigate recovery:
- FCG is focused on protecting the health and wellbeing of our clients and staff.
- FCG is adapting to changing onsite construction practices.
- FCG continuously updates procedures to incorporate emerging best practices.
- FCG is leveraging state of the art technologies to accommodate remote work.
- FCG is maintaining commissioning services for critical systems.
- FCG is continuously updating our contingency and continuity planning.
- FCG implemented additional policy guidelines for maintaining our essential commissioning services for construction, HVAC, and engineering.
New public health threats in buildings will represent a major focus for construction requiring resiliency in design of systems and supply chains in delivering the highest quality building system commissioning services. FCG is fully invested in complying with health, safety and disease prevention protocols that support our people, our community, and our facility systems as we continue to provide optimal performance through accountability.
Policy guidance for FCG COVID-19 response is derived from the following:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidance published March 16, 2020
- Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) Support Under Emergency Declaration for COVID-19
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 Partner Toolkit
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) information
- Uptime Institute Intelligence Reports 37: COVID-19 – Minimizing Critical Facility Risk
- United Healthcare recommendations
- Kentucky, Indiana, city and county public health departments